- Robinson Nature Center (Platinum)
- Fort McHenry Visitor Center (Gold)
- Towson University West Village Commons (Gold)
- Garrett Park Elementary School (Gold)
- Killens Pond Nature Center (Silver)
- Harriett Tubman Underground Railroad State Park Visitor Center (Silver)
- Towson University in Northeastern Maryland (Silver)
- Community College of Baltimore County Mathematics & Science Hall (Silver)
- Dundalk and Sollers Point High Schools (Silver)
- * Certification level indicated represents the level the project has achieved or is pursuing.
GWWO is committed to meeting the challenges of the future through design decisions today and we take seriously our role as stewards of the built environment. The firm has been incorporating environmentally sensitive design strategies into our work since our founding—our focus is on providing for less consumption and environmental impact and more efficiency, savings and sensitivity. Twenty-five of GWWO’s architectural personnel are LEED Accredited Professionals and the firm stays abreast of the latest in green building advancements through membership and participation in the U.S. Green Building Council, the AIA’s Committee on the Environment and other related organizations.
Recently, GWWO signed the AIA 2030 Commitment, a national initiative with the main goal of reducing energy consumption within building design until projects nationwide are carbon neutral. Within the office, GWWO's goals to support this mission include: reducing environmental impact of our operations, reducing the amount of fossil-fuel in projects, measuring, tracking and reporting efficiency in our projects, and training our staff.
In addition to our work on projects that pursue LEED Certification, we work with many clients who wish to implement sustainable design elements without pursuing formal certification. Example projects include Cylburn Arboretum’s new Orientation and Education Center, the new Heritage Center for Homestead National Monument of America, and the new Irvine Nature Center. Whatever the project, we work with our clients to identify the sustainable design opportunities most appropriate for each project and to maximize sustainability, while keeping within budget and achieving all project objectives.