- Homestead National Monument of America Heritage Center
- Exploration Tower at Port Canaveral
- George Washington's Mount Vernon Ford Orientation Center
- Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad Visitor Center
- Fort McHenry National Monument & Historic Shrine Visitor & Education Center
- Pikes Peak Summit Visitor Center
- Project List
Designed to capture the essence of the American pioneering story, the new Homestead Heritage Center grows from the land and is a distinguishable form on the landscape. Simple yet evocative, the roof form suggests imagery associated with the American frontier: a ship on the prairie, a plowshare, the billowing canvas of a covered wagon, a furrow in the earth.
Offering an experience of surprise and discovery, the center embraces the resource it interprets. Intersecting planes of glass admit an abundance of natural light, while offering unobstructed views to the restored tallgrass prairie that surrounds the center.
2008 Sika Sarnafil Décor Design Award
2007 Nebraskaland Foundation Rising Star Award
2007 Nebraska Outstanding Tourist Attraction
2004 AIA Baltimore Design Honor Award Winner
Featured in the September/October 2007 issue of Museum News.
"The Heritage Center makes Homestead National Monument of America a must-see USA destination!" – Visitor from London, England, Guest Register Comment
- Exhibits, multipurpose room, gift shop, land record research area, curatorial spaces
- 160-foot exterior exhibit showcasing homesteading in each state, tented gathering plaza
- One acre square parking lot, representative of 1/160th of an original homestead
- Sustainable design features